About St. Francis Advocates
Who We Are
St. Francis Advocates for the Autistic & Developmentally Disabled (Sarnia) Inc. is a non profit charitable organization providing supports and services to adults with Autism and other Developmental Disabilities since 1987, and is funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
St. Francis Advocates provides supports and services for adults with Autism and Developmental Disabilities. We have twelve residences and a number of program initiatives that are dedicated to providing support within our communities.
St. Francis Advocates is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of people with Autism and other Developmental Disabilities. We are committed to empowering people by promoting independence, providing opportunities, encouraging growth through education, developing partnerships and collaborating with communities, within a caring environment.
Providing innovative, creative and progressive supports on an individual basis
"Dedicated to Making a Difference"
Our Values and Principles
We will value the person by:
- honouring differences
- recognizing his/her history
- empowering choices
- providing individualized supports
- demonstrating respect and dignity
- promoting person's citizenship
- promoting rights and responsibilities
- facilitating person directed planning
We will value family and community by:
- fostering relationships
- acknowledging contributions
- fostering reciprocal community involvement
Value quality supports and services by:
- celebrating accomplishments
- being accountable to all stake holders
- fostering continued learning
- advocating on the person's behalf
The Champion Newsletter
Each month St. Francis Advocates publishes our newsletter called "The Champion". This informative and fun publication celebrates the incredible people that work and live with St. Francis Advocates. Please feel free to click below and read our back issues.